As 2015 ends and 2016 begins, it is important (and very humbling) for me to think about all the many people and organizations who enable us to “Grow Great Grown-ups” at PAL. This note is a special thank you to the more than 6,000 individuals who support PAL each year.
Because of you, we are able to provide nearly $3,000 per week in financial assistance to families who could not otherwise enroll their children in our programs.
Because of you, we are able to provide caring adults and mentors to PAL kids in Midtown, most within walking distance, who could not get to our main facility in Woodlawn.
Because of you, we had our largest enrollment in summer camp, 150 children. I also want to mention several organizations that made special gifts to PAL this year.
- The Pinellas Community Foundation for their ongoing support
- The Juvenile Welfare Board, which provided funds to purchase a new van.
- Derby Lane, for a $10,000 gift
- Price, Waterhouse, Coopers, a partner for several years, for a $10,000 gift
- Rowland, Inc. for a $5,000 year end gift
- Tampa Bay Rays are a partner we have come to count on, year after year. And a special shout out to Chris Archer for his gift of $13,000 worth of athletic equipment
And a few local folks who have gone well beyond what we could have hoped for. Because of you, Bill and Suzanne Garth, who saw the need for a Midtown location and made an amazing gift that made it possible. And because of you, Terry McCarthy, an active member of our board, for your $25,000 matching pledge to get the Midtown Project of the ground.
I know that there will be many people and organizations to thank in 2016, and I look forward to it with enthusiasm and anticipation. Because of all of you, many children in St. Petersburg who otherwise might be left behind will have a real chance to become great grownups. Because of what you have already done, and what you will do, 2016 is going to be an even better year.
With all my gratitude,
Doug Linder, Executive Director